Terms and Conditions
Delivery and Return
- The Lessee acknowledges that the trailer is in a roadworthy and proper working condition and undertakes to return it in the same condition.
- The Lessee shall return the trailer on the date and time agreed unless a prior extension has been arranged with Trailer Town in writing.
Breach and Costs
- The Lessee shall pay the full hire fee in advance to taking the trailer.
- In addition to the hiring fee, the Lessee shall pay the Damage Protection Fee specified on collection.
- Should the Lessee be unable to return the for whatever reason, they will be responsible for any resulting towing costs.
- The Lessee shall be responsible for any traffic fines incurred whilst towing the trailer
- The Lessee shall be responsible for any additional hiring fee arising from late return of the trailer.
- The Lessee shall not sublet trailer to a 3rd party.
- The Lessee may not transport any person on or in the trailer.
- The Lessee may not allow the trailer to be driven by an unlicensed driver.
- The Lessee may not temper with any of the writing on the trailer.
- In the event that any of the terms are breached Trailer Town MAY immediately without prior written notice cancel the agreement and reclaim possession of the trailer and recover from the Lessee any such amount/s of damages as it may have suffered as a result o the Lessee’s breach.
Damage,Theft and Loss
- The Lessee shall be responsible for any damage to the trailer during the lease period.
- In the event that the trailer is damaged during the lease period, the Lessee is liable for a basic repair fee of R3000 provided that the Lessee paid the Damage Protection Fee. If the Damage Protection Fee has not been paid then they will be liable for full cost of the repair.
- The Lessee shall be responsible for the full replacement value of the trailer should the trailer be stolen and/or not returned to Trailer Town within 3(three) days of the rental period’s expiry date. In the evet that it is the Vehicle Transporter which is stolen, the Lessee is responsible for a fee of R4000.
All risks in respect of the trailer shall pass to the Lessee from the date and time the Lessee takes possession of the trailer until it is returned to Trailer Town.